Corporate & Commercial
We offer a full complement of commercial law services, including advisory, transaction and operational services.
Our lawyers have expertise in cross-border and BEE transactions, servicing local and international clients. In structuring and negotiating transaction agreements, we focus on our clients’ strategic objectives. For us the transaction process does not end once agreements have been concluded. We seek to see each transaction through from its inception, through negotiation, the conclusion of agreements to closing and implementation. Corporate governance is central to the sustainability and growth of the modern business. Due to their practical experience in working with the Companies Act, 71 of 2008 on a case by case basis and the challenges which the Act seeks to address, our lawyers are in a prime position to advise on sound principles of governance.
Our Commercial Services Include:
- advising clients on and establishing appropriate corporate structures for their businesses, including the drafting of shareholders agreements, memoranda of incorporation, trust deeds, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements, the incorporation of companies with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission and the registration of trusts at the Master’s Office;
- advising on the responsibilities and powers of directors in terms of the Companies Act, 71 of 2008, and adherence to recognised principles of good corporate governance and sustainable development;
- the drafting of all types of operative commercial contracts, including, inter alia, supply and service level agreements, credit agreements, lease and employment contracts;
- advising clients on the protection and exploitation of their intellectual property, including the structuring of licensing transactions in a commercial and tax efficient manner and the negotiation and drafting of licence and franchise agreements;
- advising on and structuring national and cross-border transactions such as sale of shares, businesses and assets, including legal due diligence investigations, drafting and negotiation of transaction agreements;
- advising on intergroup transactions, such as financial assistance from one group entity to another and disposals of assets or businesses from one inter group entity to another;
- the full complement of company secretarial services, including the registration of companies, drafting of resolutions, change of directors, change of company details, maintenance of share registers and issue of shares;
- advising clients on broad based black economic empowerment transactions; and
- the structuring, negotiation and implementation of commercial transactions between the private sector and government and/or public entities.
If you require assistance in relation to any of the above, please complete the form below and we will contact you.
Get In Touch
Feel free to get in touch, we’ll be happy to assist!
Embracing innovation, originality and technology in order to maximise efficiencies.